Lifting and hoisting equipment comply with strict legal standards and regulations. In this context, the user has an obligation to have these devices tested by a recognized inspection body before use and at regular intervals.
Each device and / or installation must therefore undergo the following inspections:
- INSPECTION BEFORE COMMISSIONING: BEFORE THE FIRST COMMISSIONING: THOROUGH INSPECTION OF ALL ASPECTS OF THE APPLIANCE.
- PERIODIC INSPECTION: REGULAR MONITORING OF THE PROPER FUNCTIONING OF ALL SAFETY ASPECTS OF THE DEVICE.
According to art.281 of the ARAB (Belgium) an inspection , every three months is required for the following machines:
- Overhead cranes , jib cranes and hoists.
- Lifting accessories
- Handling equipment used as a hoist (with hook).
- Gantry cranes
- Tower and building cranes
Verhelle bvba can advise and assist you in organizing and carrying out such mandatory inspections. For example, our workshop is equipped with a test unit stand for electric and manual hoists, and we have a large ‘test weights’-arsenal for carrying out load tests on-site.